Sunday, January 14, 2007
Some time ago, I had wanted to learn keyboard for the sole purpose of playing for worship during cell meetings. However, money was an issue till i started working.
Few days back, a sister in christ told me about this Christian music school that teaches how to play for worship. I was delighted to be able to find such a school as I was aware that playing for worship is very much different from the usual keyboard playing.
However, when I went back home to find out more details about the lessons, I realised that the school conducts lessons in terms and I have missed the cut off date.
This meant that if I wanted to learn from the school I had to wait until perhaps May for the next term to start. I was disappointed but still determined to learn.
Besides that, I realised I had to pay quite a bit for the lessons and also for getting a keyboard.
I was stuck as I did not know of any other Christian music school. However, as I spoke to another friend of mine from church, he introduced me to his friend who teaches music. Some time ago though, he had told me that his friend might not be able to take me due to her busy schedule.
However, when I spoke to her last week, she was willing to take me in! She was also going to give me a 2nd hand keyboard that was good enough for practise. On top of that, she told me this, “God wants me to bless you so I will not charge you for the lessons.”
I did not have to pay for the lessons and I also did not have to pay for the keyboard! To top it off, she is also a Christian and will be teaching me how to play for worship. What more could I ask for?! This is even better than learning in a music school. His grace is so sufficient! Lots and lots of blessings from Him.
Indeed God is a God that provides!
cherished and loved 9:54 PM