Friday, April 06, 2007
Went back for odac last week, we did abseiling!
Despite abseiling quite a number of times before, each time I need to “take off” I’m still afraid/nervous. It always boils down to the starting where I have to climb over the railing or over the parapet and lower myself into position that causes me to be nervous.
As I reflected on this quite some time after this activity, suddenly it struck me that this really reflects our walk with God.
How?
You see, before you even descend the building, you get clipped onto a safety line, belay line and also the main rope that you will use to abseil. In a Christian walk, these are tools that you are equipped with beforehand.
Next, despite the fear, you have to climb over the railing or parapet and lower yourself into position. This is called, “taking that step of faith”.
After which, you just slowly release your main rope and allow your weight to pull you down. This, is the easiest part and also the portion that I am able to do without any fear and just simply relax. In a Christian walk, this is where God comes in to guide you and gives you peace.
You see, in our walk with God, being well equipped is not the key(although it is important). Once you take that step of faith, despite your fears, God will see your faithfulness and walk through the journey with you, providing peace and guidance.
cherished and loved 1:18 AM